اختبار الفصل الثاني في اللغة الانجليزية للسنة 4 متوسط - النموذج الخامس -
Where Is My Car?
There are so many cars on the roads nowadays that driving in big towns is not pleasant at all.
Some time ago, a friend who
works in a part of the city I don't know very well invited me it took me hours to get there and a place to park. As I was late, I hurried off on foot, thinking that these days it is much easier to walk than to drive. At noon, just as I was leaving my friend's office, I suddenly realized that I had no idea where I had parked my car. I walked down street after street, examining each car closely but without any result. Feeling quite tired, I gave up the search and went off for lunch. Sometime later, I left the restaurant and walked slowly down the street. I turned the corner, and there was my car, right in front of me
but on the window was a little ticked. It
was a fine for bad parking. Next time when I visit my friend, I'll take a taxi.
Section one: Reading comprehension :
- What do the underlined words refer to in the text: (01 pt)
1- who………………………………… 2- me……………………………………
- Copy the table on your answer sheet then match each question with its answer(04pts)
- When did he stop looking for his car?
- Where was writer just before noon?
- Why did he intend to go by taxi next time?
- Why did it take him a long time to park his car?
- In his friend's office.
- There are too many cars.
- There is a serious parking problem.
- At lunch time.
- Choose the correct explanation according to the text: (02 pts)
- I gave up the search.
I continued to search. b)
I was successful in my search c)
I stopped the search
- A fine.
a penalty. b)
an invitation. c)
Section two: Mastery of Language ( 07 Pts )
- Put the verbs between brackets in the right form: (03 pts)
Yesterday, I (to park) ………my car in a big parking. I (to return) ……back there, (to search) ……….for it a long time but (not to find) ………… it. I (to become) ……. very angry and (to begin) …….shouting.
B) Cross out the odd word : (02 pts)
- a car – a bus – a lorry – a computer
worked – drove – walked – arrived
C) Classify these words according to the number of their syllables: (02 pts)
- pleased – suddenly – quite – tired
Part two: Written Expression: (06 pts)
Your neighbor / friend lost his car. Write a composition of about six to ten lines saying what happened.
Here are a few hints to help you:
- Describe the car.
- Where did he / she go for help?
- Did he / she finally find his / her car? How?
- What was his / her reaction?